SRM TRP Engineering College, SRM Nagar, Trichy
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Quality assurance and quality enhancement ensure the qualitative growth of most of the higher educational institution. The establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is a major step in achieving long-term quality standards which can channelize all the efforts and measures of the institution towards academic excellence. Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of SRM TRPEC is established to review and develop a conscious and regular action system to improve the teaching-learning process, the evaluation procedure and also the quality improvement of students and faculty. For continuous improvement, the IQAC carry out Internal auditing of the Institute, faculty and staff members.
Vision Of IQAC
To build and ensure a quality culture and evolve benchmarked quality metrics/procedures for the educational practices, processes and methods aimed at all-round excellence at the institutional level.
Mission of IQAC
- To channelize and systemize the practices and processes towards standards, accreditation criteria and also ranking parameters to achieve academic excellence.
- To be the driving force to enhance and ensure quality in all the activities at the institutional level.
- To encourage departments to establish a student-centric learning environment in the teaching and learning process and inculcate the value-based education system.
- To establish support systems to build a research culture in the Institution.
- To encourage departments to organize seminars, workshops and faculty development program.
- To build a strong association with the stakeholders to work towards qualitative and creative progress.
- To develop an Institutional database and documentation of the various activities leading to quality improvement
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Development and maintenance of an institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC/NBA, to be submitted to NAAC/NBA.